Lecturer on the MBA and the B.Sc in Business Administration (BBA) programmes.
Jessica completed her PhD in June 2016 from the department of People, Management and Organisations at the University of Huddersfield, United Kingdom. Under the supervision of Dr. Annie Yeadon-Lee, her thesis investigated servant leadership practices within the context of UK higher education institutions. She previously worked as a part-time lecturer at Liverpool Hope University in 2014, where she gained her second master’s degree in business and management. While doing the master’s programme, she worked as a library students’ ambassador, providing quality customer service to staff and students at the Sheppard-Worlock library of Liverpool Hope University. Presently, she works as a full-time lecturer at the University of Seychelles, teaching on both the MBA and the B.Sc in Business Administration (BBA) programmes.
Her teaching career started back in 2005 as a graduate assistant in Delta State University Abraka, and later as an assistant lecturer, before leaving for the UK in 2012 for further studies. Since then, she developed her great passion for higher education institutions, which motivated her to undertake her PhD research within this area. By way of questioning the dynamics at play, and how HE institutions can be managed effectively, her thesis advocates for good leadership practices in these institutions. Particularly, practices that capture the very ethos of higher education. She is an active researcher and her research interests include leadership/organisational behaviour, general management, management theory and practice, research methods, and marketing, particularly in small and medium scale enterprises and HE institutions. Her academic publications include:
- Timiyo, A. J. (2017). Leadership models for higher education institutions: An empirical investigation. International Leadership Journal, 9(2), 17–38.
- Timiyo, A. J., & Yeadon-Lee, A. (2016). Universality of Servant Leadership. International Leadership Journal, 8(3), 3-22.
- Timiyo, A.J. (2014). High Performance Work Practices: One best-way or no best-way. IOSR Journal of Business and Management (IOSR-JBM) 16(6): 08-14.
- Tiemo, A.J. (2013). Conceptualizing Customer Relationship Management Using a Descriptive Approach. Journal of Emerging Trends in Economics and Management Sciences (JETEMS) 4(3): 337-342.
- Tiemo, A.J. (2012). Internal and External Oriented Problems of Utilizing ICT. Journal of Emerging Trends in Economics and Management Sciences (JETEMS) 3(4): 318-323.
- Tiemo, A.J. (2012). Strategic Focus of Nigerian SMSEs: More of Emergent or Planned? Journal of Emerging Trends in Economics and Management Sciences (JETEMS) 3(3): 229-232.
- Tiemo, A.J. and Arubayi, D.O. (2012). Recruitment Practices in Nigeria: Issues of Equality and Diversity. Journal of Emerging Trends in Economics and Management Sciences (JETEMS), 3(3): 210-213.