University of Seychelles Programme
The Certificate in Library and Information Science focuses on the basic activities involved in the organisation and administration of a library, and discusses the evolution in the functions of national, public, school and special libraries. Course participants will explore the following areas:
- Library organisation, administration and management.
- Basic communication and customer care skills.
- ICT for Library Studies
- Statistics for Library Studies
- Technical services
- Reference sources and promotion of resource materials
Either of the following:
Grade B or above in IGCSE English and grade C or above in IGCSE Mathematics
- Mature candidates without IGCSE in Mathematics and English but with 2 years continuous work experience in a relevant field.
This programme is meant for library officers who have not had any formal training in library services and for candidates who aspire to take the position of Assistant Librarian.
Length: One and a half years
Start Date: August
Format: 9 modules, a mini project and Work -Based Experience