Aspirations of the younger generation
Using the imagination of what sustainable practices entails, students are being invited to design posters that convey strong messages about sustainable practices in hotels & resorts. Whoever decides to design a poster for this competition may consult hotels & resorts personnel for ideas. Students may work individually and/or in groups of 3, maximum, for their posters. Ideas for posters may be drawn from one of the following themes:
- Sustainable design,
- Climate actions, and
- Positive community impact
Further hints are given under each theme for better understanding of what each one entails.
- Integration of the establishment within the natural environment
- Appreciation of the design of an establishment within culture and heritage context
- Integration of aesthetic and guests’ expectations
- Renovation and/or reconversion of old buildings
- Special consideration of gas emission
- Positive use of renewable energy
- Promotion of the latest efficient technology in the running of hotels
Positive Community Impact
- Making use of local production
- Reduce, Recycle and Re-use
- Engagement of guests, general public and community
Poster size, at least 90 cm X 90 cm
10 – 12 years old
13 – 15 years old
16 – 20 years old
Criteria for submission
All posters should reach the Marketing Department of the University of Seychelles, Anse Royale, by the 31st October 2019.
Participants should not write names on their poster but complete the attached form and submit together with their poster.
Posters with names will be disqualified from the competition.
Interesting prizes to be won for all categories!