The University of Seychelles aspires to position international collaboration at the heart of its activities. In order to achieve this vision, the University embraces all the possibilities that internationalization offers. These possibilities include opportunities for collaborating in research and teaching; for enriching campus life and experience; and for harnessing new ideas from all over the world, so as to create an exciting scholarly environment.
The International and Local Engagement section is set up to house and administer the University’s International Collaboration Schemes and be the secretariat of the Global Engagement Committee. The office is managed by the Project Development Manager.
- Assist in identifying and establishing collaboration with strategic partners.
- Assist in conceptualizing, planning and executing specific international activities to pursue the aim of internationalizing the University.
- House the International Collaboration Schemes and serve as secretariat for the Global Engagement Committee (GEC).
- Act as an interface with international partners in maintaining relations with the University.
- Act as a contact unit in conducting courtesy visits or joint activities at the University.
- Act as point of contact for enquiries in relation to the internationalization strategy.
- Keep a record of local and international activities.
- Lead the preparation of agreements.
- Issue invitation letters to exchange participants.
- Provide logistical support for outgoing and incoming staff and students.