Registration Deadline: 31st May
The MA in Education is a Masters-level degree offered through a part-time study. Participants can complete the programme over a period of three years. It is possible to exit with a Post Graduate Certificate in Education once 120 credits are earned.
The MA in Education aims to enable all participants to develop a personal response to the challenges they encounter in the field of education. A graduate of the MA in Education programme will be
- informed by relevant literature and research and be bake to undertake an active and influential role in the education community.
- able to undertake an active and influential role in the education community.
- able to describe and articulate practice.
- The courses are offered through face to face sessions with some options for online learning. Digitised readings are provided, where possible, and recommended texts acts as programme readers.
- The participant will interact with their tutors and other students during face to face sessions and via email.
- The MA in Education programme aims to ensure that graduates:
- Possess the knowledge and skills to attain qualified teacher status (PGCE).
- Engage with theoretical perspectives in education studies.
- Respond intellectually to the challenges and opportunities in education.
- Critically reflect on their current practice and those of others
- Engage in small scale educational research in order to inform and improve practice practice and /or policy.
Full-time: 3 years
The programme is offered in English.
To be eligible for the MA in Education programme you must have:
- an ADE and at least 4 years full time working experience as a teacher
- a Bachelor Degree
- transferred 60 credits from a PGCE (or similar programme), and gaining relevant number of credits at Level 9, to make up for the full 160 credits.
SCR 100,000 per year *
*Fees are subject to change.
The University offers flexible payment plans and special tuition fees for self funding students. Kindly contact us for more information regarding these fees.
The programme aims to produce highly competitive business administration graduates who can succeed in a business administration career in Seychelles and beyond through a curriculum responding to general administration needs of the domestic and international business contexts.
The programme is designed to equip learners with the knowledge of core social work theories, skills and values to undertake assessments and devise appropriate intervention strategies when working with individuals, families, groups, and communities on a wide range of social issues. This undergraduate programme also provides an ethos of learning that recognises and appreciates the diversity of the population it serves.
The programme was developed by the University of Seychelles to fill the need for professional training for youth workers in Seychelles. The curriculum reflects the competencies related to both local and international demands in youth work. This undergraduate programme is designed to offer learners the opportunity to engage in academic and fieldwork exercises that allow participants to interact with youth in the community.